Login to your Shippabo platform and click on "Shipments Tab"
Then click "+New Shipment"
A pop up window will appear asking you if you would like to "Create a shipment proposal" or "Create a shipment to track". Click Book and shipment.
Lets walk through each section in the process.
- Choosing your role within the shipment
- Shipper Contact (This will search your contacts, you can also add a contact from here as well, Click here to get a step-by-step on how to create a contact
- Consignee Contact (Enter your company if it is going to you)
- Incoterms; Click here to find out what incoterms are
Optional Information, but recommended:
- Name your shipment; you can add a unique identifier that will searchable in your Shipments tab.
- PO Number; you can add a unique identifier that will searchable in your Shipments tab. PO numbers are the most widely used reference number.
This section within the shipment build is to allow you to make additional notes on a shipment. As these are all optional, we do recommend that you complete as much information as possible.
- Marks and numbers; Identifying symbols and numbers placed by the shipper on each piece of cargo in a shipment.
- Amount of packages
- Types of Package
- Description of Goods
You will need to gather a number of information to complete this section.
- Gross Volume in CBM
- Gross Weight in KG
- Your container size (only if you moving FCL)
- The port pairs that you have a contract on
- Cargo ready by
- In DC by (optional, but recommended)
- Destination service needed (Customs, ISF and Cargo Insurance)
- Origin Services needed (Export Customs and pre-carriage)
Enter the information gathered and complete the corresponding fields. DO NOT click LCL or Air.
Finding your contract rate
After you completed all the above information you are able to search the sailing schedules and your contract rate.
- Click on "Search Schedules"
2. Your contract rate will automatically be selected. You will see schedules as well, select the schedule that makes best sense for your orders.
This section is optional, if you need to add any additional notes to the carrier for your shipment.
If you want to see video on how this feature function, please click on the link;
If you have any questions, please click on the blue chat icon and a Shippabo team member would be glad to assist you.